Awesome Image

Most Successful Law Firm

E-1, E-2 and E-3 Visas

  • Home
  • E-1, E-2 and E-3 Visas

E-1, E-2 & E-3 Visas

  For those international clients who are from treaty countries, we can work
on your visa applications for trade or technology-related employment. 

Over the years, the United States has signed treaties of ‘Friendship, Commerce and Navigation’ with many Countries in the World. These treaties are designed to promote trade and investment between the USA and the other contracting state while encouraging good relations between the U.S. and the treaty country.

We provide and process documents for the E-1 and E-2 Visa for citizens from countries that are aligned with such treaties. Countries like Australia can be qualified for an E-3 visa provided he or she has a job offer in the state. Here is a little pick in understanding how E-1 Visa is a process for foreign internationals.

E-1 Visa for Treaty Traders exists for foreign nationals and businesses engaged in substantial international trade between the U.S. and the treaty trader country. The E-1 Visa enables individuals whose home country have a treaty with the U.S. to come to the U.S. to work in international trade on their own or on behalf of an employer.

The volume of trade must be sufficient to provide employment for a number of people in the United States and must constitute the majority of the trader’s international trade.

Employees of the qualifying organization may also be eligible E-1 visas. Trade is the exchange of goods, services, or technology between the U.S. and the treaty country. Trade-in this context could involve Tourism, International Banking, Transportation, and Communications.

The requirements and application process for an E-1 visa depends on whether the candidate is currently living in the U.S. or not.

E-2 Visa for Treaty Investors

Individuals that have made a substantial investment in a U.S. business (in which he/she has at least a 50% ownership) may apply for this Visa. The investment must be enough to provide employment for a number of people in the United States. The business, however, has to be an active U.S. business.

E-3 Visa for Certain Specialty Occupation Professionals from Australia

For Australian nationals, they have the opportunity to come to the U.S. to engage in a specialty occupation role. The E-3 Visa allows Australian nationals to live and work in the U.S. at a job that requires specialized theoretical or practical knowledge. Applicants for this Visa need to have a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) or higher, and the job must be in a specialty occupation.